Student Members in the B. A. A.

A proposal to enlarge the athletic membership of the Boston Athletic Association by changing the rules regarding student membership is soon to be submitted to the Association.

By this plan any student at Harvard, M. I. T., Boston University, Tufts, or other colleges approved by the committee, whose residence is forty miles from Boston, and whose age is eighteen years or over, shall be eligible to membership. A student desiring the privilege must make out an application blank, stating his age, his college and his legal residence. The applicant must enclose $5 as entrance fee and $10 for his first three months' dues, and in case he is not elected both entrance fee and dues will be returned. The applicant must be indorsed by a member of the Association, who shall make himself responsible for the indebtedness of the student member. The quarterly dues are payable Oct. 1, Jan. 1, April 1 and July 1, and a student who does not pay before the 10th of the month shall be no longer considered a member; if he wants to join again he must apply for re-election. A student member who sends in his notice before the 10th of the month can resign in good standing and may enter the club at any future time by paying the regular dues required of students.

The limit of credit to students has been placed at $25. The student member has no interest in the club property, and will not be allowed to bring visitors to the club. Neither are students to be allowed the use of the racquet or tennis courts during the winter months, unless expressly permitted to do so by the committee. This latter provision does not include the "squash" and the handball courts, and the jurisdiction of the latter is left entirely in the hands of the tennis committee.