College Infirmaries.

Concerning his trip to investigate the infirmaries of Yale and Princeton, Doctor Fitz reports the following:

The Yale infirmary, which has accommodations for twelve students, is more of an invalid club than a hospital, and is under the charge of President and Mrs. Dwight, from whom students must get cards of admission. A matron is the resident head but there are no resident nurses. In case a student is very ill, a trained nurse is obtained at his expense. Students also pay their own doctor's fees and $7 a week for board during their residence in the infirmary. There is no provision for contagious cases. The infirmary building is very attractive and has, on the ground floor, a large and comfortable reception room, hallway, and dining room.

The Princeton infirmary is about the same size as the Yale infirmary, but is more strictly a hospital. The resident head is a trained nurse and students pay $10 a week, which includes nursing. If special nurses are needed they are provided free of charge.

Owing to lack of time, Dr. Fitz did not visit the Williams College infirmary as he intended.