Crew Time-Row.

The University crew yesterday afternoon started on a practice four-mile pull, but were swamped after rowing a little over three miles. A strong westerly wind was blowing at four o'clock, but after the launch had been sent down river to make arrangements for having all the bridges raised promptly on a signal from the whistle, it was decided to row in spite of the adverse conditions. The crew paddled up to a point just below the Weld Boat Club house and were started by Mr. Lehmann. They were boated in the following order: Stroke, J. F. Perkins; 7, Goodrich; 6, Thompson; 5, J. H. Perkins; 4, Sprague; 3, Hollister; 2, Moulton; bow, Wrightington.

The men got away well and passing the boathouse were well together. Passing the second bridge the force of the wind was felt and the work of the crew suffered accordingly. After shooting the Longwood bridge into the basin the seas began to wash into the boat, and at a point about midway between the Harvard Bridge and the Union Boat Club the barge filled with water and the crew were obliged to swim to the launch. The men were taken immediately to the Union house and driven out to Cambridge from there in carriages. The launch then returned to the submerged barge and towed it back to the boathouse.