Lacrosse.

In an article on the field sports of the present day, the Boston Herald takes occasion to mention lacrosse in the following terms: "In New England, lacrosse has just about held its own, but in the West clubs are rapidly springing up, and there are more clubs there now than in Canada. The interest in this city was greatly stimulated last season by the formation of a New England league, and this season will find four clubs, Cambridge, Somerville, Harvard University and Boston, playing a good strong game. Any one of these ought to be able to hold any club in the country. Baltimore claims that the Druids of that city will be superior to any club in the country this season, and that in the match for the Oelrich's cup next summer it will require imported talent to defeat them. New England will doubtless do its best to disprove this sweeping assertion. The South Bostons and Independents are also members of the New England association. The clubs will begin practice as soon as the weather settles. Bostonians will doubtless have an opportunity to see more of this fascinating game this season than ever before. The Union grounds will probably be secured for the Bostons, and championship and match games will be played there. Among the important games contemplated early in the season will be a series by the Shamrocks of Montreal, champions of the world, against the clubs of this city."