Reception of Students.

The committee for the reception of new students consisting of Professors Shaler, Peabody, de Sumichrast, Cummings, Williams and Messrs. Coolidge and Ropes, may be found in University 2, the Bureau of Information, from 9 a. m. till 4 p. m. today, tomorrow, and Thursday. This committee will be assisted by about forty undergraduates, two or three being present each hour.

The object of the committee is to give new member of the University such information as will aid them in choosing their course and finding accommodations, such as the distribution of circulars, elective and departmental pamphlets, maps of Cambridge, lists of rooms and boarding houses, and for answers to inquiries regarding wherabouts of officers of instruction and government, buildings, streets, etc. Inquiries concerning College studies, examinations, admissions, etc., are to be referred to the Recorder, No. 4 University Hall.

Some one of the Faculty members of the committee will be present at various times, and inquiries may also be referred to any one of them.

The printed circular on the opening of the college year contains a directory of all advises, representatives of departments, instructors, administrative officers, and chairmen of committees. This circular will be ready today.

The undergraduates who are to assist the committee today are as follows: 9 a. m., H. C. FFoulke; 10 a. m., P. Haughton, A. Wallace; 11 a. m., R. W. P. Brown; 12 m., J. E. Lodge; 1 p. m., H. Bancroft; 2 p. m., H. L. Blackwell; 3 p. m., W. M. Chandler.