THE B. A. A. GAMES.

Harvard Wins Over Yale in the Team Race.- Showing Very Satisfactory.

The ninth annual indoor games of the Boston Athletic Association were held Saturday evening in Mechanics Hall. The chief interest of the meet was centered in the Harvard-Yale team race, won by Harvard in 3m. 11 2-5s., thereby creating a new indoor record for the distance. The only other team to approach this time was U. of P., who defeated Holy Cross in 3m. 13s.

Capt. Bigelow '98, started off for Harvard, taking the lead from Johnson, the Yale man, at the very beginning. He gained about two yards on the first lap, and this he increased nearly a yard during the rest of the relay. C. H. Williams '98, then took it up, and was soon quite a way in advance of Richards, who braced toward the finish and closed up the distance to a yard. W. G. Morse '99, started well, leading Ordway by seven yards at the end of the first lap, but this was cut down later to four yards. H. H. Fish '99, ran the last relay, and finished fully twenty yards ahead of Richardson.

In the race between the second 'Varsity and Bowdoin, E. J. Green 1L., captain of the Harvard team, was unable to gain over Stanwood until almost the close of the first relay, when he spurted and secured a lead of two yards, which A. W. Blakemore 1L. increased to ten yards over Snow. E. D. Fullerton '98 easily held his own against Gregson, and when S. P. Goddard 1900 started the last relay against Kendall he had a lead of fifteen yards which he held to the finish. Harvard's time was 3m. 20 1-5s.

The Harvard class team race was won by 1900 in 3m. 20s. 1901 was a fairly close second, but '99 and '98 in order were far in the rear. The four teams ran as follows: '98-C. S. Tilden, G. H. Breed, D. W. A. Armistead, E. F. Phillips (capt.); '99-H. B. Hewitt, F. J. Snite, E. F. Alexander, W. C. Burton (capt.); 1900-E. D. Gould, W. G. Porter, N. B. Adsit L. Warren (capt.); 1901-M. L. Bernstein, P. L. Fish (capt.), J. Miller, S. H. Bush.

In the other events, Harvard secured three firsts. L. W. Redpath '98 won the 40 yds. invitation in 4 3-5s., and H. B. Clark 1901, with a handicap of 70 yds. took first place in the mile run. S. F. Mills '99 won the shot put with a total of 41 ft. 7 3-4 in., his handicap being 4ft.

From the spectators point of view the games were ideal, for they went off without a hitch or delay of any kind, reflecting great credit upon the management.