PRINCETON DEBATE TONIGHT.

In Sanders Theatre.- The Debaters.- Banquet at End of the Debate.

The fourth annual Harvard-Princeton debate will take place at 8 o'clock this evening, in Sanders Theatre. The question will be "Resolved, That the present restrictions on immigration into the United Sates are insufficient." Harvard chose the subject and Princeton decided to support the negative, giving Harvard the affirmative. Each speaker will be allowed twelve minutes for his rebuttal speech.

The Harvard debaters and the order in which they will speak, will be: F. O. White '99, R. T. Parke '98, and S. B. Rosenthal '98. The order in the rebuttal speeches will be the same. The Princeton debaters and the order in which they will speak both in the main and rebuttal speeches will be: N. S. Reeves '99, R. D. Dripps '98 and M. Lowrie '98.

The judges will be Professor George Harris D. D., president of the Andover Theological Seminary, Mr. Walter S. Page, editor of the Atlantic Monthly, and Rev. E. H. Capen, D. D., president of Tufts College.

The members of the 'Varsity crew and Mr. Lehmann and Mr, Willis will be present in a body.

The men who will represent Harvard and Princeton tonight are as follows:

HARVARD DEBATERS.

Frank Owen White '99 of Boston, who will open the debate for Harvard, prepared for college at the Boston Latin School where he was prominent in military drill and in his studies. At graduation he won a Franklin medal for good scholarship. In his Freshman year he was alternate on the team which defeated the Yale Freshmen. Last year he was a regular speaker in the Harvard-Princeton debate, which Harvard won, and he also took part in several interclub debates. He was formerly secretary of the Harvard Union and is now a member of the University Debating Club. White is the only one of Harvard's three regular speakers who has been in a previous intercollegiate debate.

Raymond Tasker Parke '98 of Lynn, Harvard's second speaker, prepared at the Lynn Classical High School. His debating experience has been limited to work in the Harvard Union and the debating courses, English 30 and English 6. He is a Phi Beta Kappa man and a member of the University Debating Club.

Stephen Brooks Rosenthal '98 of New York, who will close the debate for Harvard, prepared for college at the University Grammar School of New York. He has been interested in debating since his Freshman year and has spoken in several interclub debates. He has taken English 30 and is now in English 6. He recently spoke in an intersection debate of the latter course. He is a member of the University Debating Club.

Philip Greenleaf Carleton '99, alternate, of Lawrence, prepared at Andover, where he did considerable speaking and debating. In his Freshman year he was one of the regular speakers in the Harvard-Yale Freshman debate, which Harvard won. Last year he represented the Harvard Forum against Columbia, and this fall he was alternate on the Harvard-Yale debate. He is an editor of the CRIMSON and vice-president of the University Debating Club.

PRINCETON DEBATERS.

Robert Dunning Dripps '98, lives in Philadelphia. He prepared for college at Lawrenceville where he was prominent in literary work. In freshman year he won the Freshman Debate in Clio Hall and represented his class in the Class of 1876 Prize Debate on Washington's Birthday. In junior year he was chairman of the '98 "Bric-a-brac" committee. This year he has been managing editor of the "Nassau Literary Magazine," and was elected secretary of his class. He has also served as a member of the Intercollegiate Debating Committee. He will represent Clio Hall in the Lynde Debate.

Matthew Lowrie '98, lives in Warrior's Mark, Pa. He also prepared at Lawrenceville, graduating in the class of '94. In Clio Hall he won the Freshman Declamation Contest and Sophomore Prize Debate. Last year he won first prize in the general competitive debate in Hall, was chosen by his class to be its Washington's Birthday Orator, and won the Junior Oratorical Contest at Commencement. This year he won the second disputation prize in the Baird Contest and has been elected Class Orator. He represented Princton in the recent Yale Debate and will represent Clio Hall in the Lynde Debate at Commencement.

Nathaniel Smith Reeves '99, lives in Brooklyn, N. Y. He prepared for college at the Brooklyn High School. Since entering college he has distinguished himself in Hall work. In freshman year he won second prize in the Whig Hall competitive debate and won the Class of 1876 Prize Debate on Washington's Birthday, 1897. He was a member of the victorious team in the Yale Debate of 1897.

Ivy Ledbetter Lee '98, alternate, lives in St. Louis, Mo. He entered the University in the fall of '96 from Emory College, Oxford, Ga., where he was prominent in literary affairs. He is a member of Whig Hall. He was an alternate on the term which debated against Yale in 1897. He was one of the contestants for the Baird Prize this year. He is a member of the Lynde Debate team from Whig Hall