Co-operative Society.

The Harvard Co-operative Society has completed its calculations on the business done last year and the results are excellent. The total volume of business was $130,000 at the Cambridge store, and $40,000 at the Boston branch, which is the largest in the history of the society. The profits amounted to a little over $8,000, of which about 10 per cent was placed into the sinking fund, and about $7500 are now being divided among the stock-holders. The divided this year is 7 per cent on all purchases, being an increase of 1 per cent on all purchases, being an increase of 1 per cent over last year. The expenses of the society are 8 1-2 per cent of the total sales. This small percentage is due to the large amount of business done with comparatively little help, since about thirty-five persons are employed in both stores, and to the large amounts saved by discounting bills.

The membership last year was 2304, of which one hundred were from Radcliffe, but the membership is this year already two hundred above that of last.

About a thousand dollars has been spent in fixtures, a hat and shoe department has recently been opened, and the list of affiliated merchants has almost been doubled. The volume of business this year far exceeds that of last year.