Experience for Teachers.

At a meeting of the Cambridge school board held last week a communication was received from Professor Paul H. Hanus which provides for an interchange of courtesies between the University and the city. Professor Hanus embodied his suggestion in a proposed form of agreement which is as follows:

"By an agreement made between the city of Cambridge and Harvard University, a number of properly qualified students, not exceeding ten in any one year, from the course in education, shall be admitted to the public schools of Cambridge, to teach for practice under the general direction of the superintendent of schools of Cambridge, Professor Hanus, and special direction of the principals and teachers in the schools to which the students may be assigned.

"It is understood that this agreement also covers the cases of students in the courses in education in Radcliffe College.

"The students entitled to avail themselves of this privilege will be selected by Professor Hanus. In making the selection, preference will be given to graduate students without experienced in teaching; and it is expected that each student will teach not less than two nor more than six periods per week for about half a year.

"It is further agreed that as many Cambridge teachers shall be admitted without charge to a course in Harvard University or Radcliffe College each year as there are students teaching in the schools of Cambridge, as long as this agreement remains in force. The teachers who are entitled to avail themselves of this privilege will be appointed by the superintendent of schools of Cambridge. The course or courses to which these teachers may be admitted are either those given during term time or in the Summer School.

"An order providing that the proposed agreement be adopted was introduced, but it was tabled until the next meeting of the board."