Football Practice.

Except for the usual stiffness after a hard game, the whole football squad is in good condition. Boal was able to run through signals yesterday without any trouble, and unless he meets with new injuries, he will be able to play in the Pennsylvania game. Daly and Hallowell were given a day's rest. Although yesterday the work was rather light, owing to the stiffness of the players, the practice today will be long and hard.

The first eleven played two halves, each about twelve minutes long, against the second. The coaches are still hampered by the fumbling of the backs and a good deal of time was spent in attempts to remedy this weakness. The first eleven used many trick-plays, but the second still relied upon the guards-back formation. Owing to the stiffness of the men who played on Saturday, both the linemen and the backs were slow in starting with the ball. A certain lack of team play was indicated also, by the failure of the eleven to follow the ball with any degree of certainty.

Of the players individually, Fincke showed a great improvement, running the team very well and putting plenty of life into the play. Lawrence's work at tackle was decidedly weaker than on Saturday, the second making all of its few gains through him. Reid's work was much better than it has been, especially his punting. Hawkins, at end, played a strong game.

W. L. Garrison, Jr., quarterback on the '98 eleven, joined the coaching force yesterday.

The line-up follows: First.  Second. Campbell, Ristine, l.e.  r.e., Cooper. Donald, Swain, l.t.  r.t., Talbot. A. R. Sargent, l.g.  r.g., Rainsford. Burnett, C. Sargent, c.  c., Kasson, Wheeler. Burden, Barnard, r.g.  l.g., Lee. Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Peyton. Eaton, r.t.  l.t., Spratt. Hawkins, r.e.  l.e., Hoxie. Fincke, q.b.  q.b., E. Motley. Gierasch, l.h.  r.h., Martin. Parker, l.h.  r.h., Noyes. Kendall, Warren, r.h.  l.h., Brayton. Ellis, f.b.  f.b., R. Lawrence. Reid, f.b.  f.b., Jaynes.