UNIVERSITY CLUB MASS MEETING TONIGHT AT 8.00,

IN SANDERS THEATRE.

By E. Lewis.

The mass meeting to celebrate Major Henry Lee Higginson's gift of $150,000 to the University Club will be held in Sanders Theatre tonight at 8.Professor Ira N. Hollis will preside, and speeches will be made by Governor Wolcott, President Eliot and Major Higginson. The University Club Committee will occupy seats on the stage A few seats have been reserved for ladies. The meeting is open to graduates and to all members of the University.

The following letter is addressed to the undergraduates by the class presidents.

Just now the most important step in securing the University Club is to show the graduates, by corporate action of the students body, that we heartily endorse the establishment of a club of this nature; further than this, that to a man we are willing to take hold and help in whatever way we can. A great deal of money must still be raised; and, if we expect the graduates to contribute, we must first prove that this no momentary burst of enthusiasm, but that we are interested heart and soul, and that we accept as the greatest good fortune, the opportunity that is at last offered us to begin the work. The University Club has now become a personal matter with every resident member of the University. The least we can do is give the graduates such an enthusiastic guarantee of our wishes that there can be no doubt as to our position.