Freshman Debating Club.

The regular debate of the Freshman Debating Club last night was on the question: "Resolved, That the presidential electors be chosen by districts instead of by states," and was won by the affirmative which was supported by H. A. Rich and S. Thurman. M. T. Hall '01 acted as critic.

The subject for the next meeting on November 27 will be, "Resolved, That the policy of the United States in the Philippines is justifiable." Affirmative--N. F. Glidden, Jr., and D. P. Lockwood; negative--S. Blaikie and R. M. Crowell. For the meeting on Monday, December 4, the subject will be: "Resolved, That emigration, as now regulated, be restricted to those who can read and write their own language and who possess personal property amounting to $500." Affirmative -- E. H. Abbott and S. B. Hall; negative--E. M. Moses and N. Silverman.

The subject of the debate with the Worcester Classical High School on December 15 has not yet been chosen, but the first trial will be held probably next Tuesday. Men desiring to speak will hand their names to the secretary, 304 Craigie, but others will be recognized from the floor at the trial. Five minutes will be allowed each speaker. The committee appointed to take charge of the matter is A. E. Lunt, F. W. C. Foster and G. W. South, Jr.