Archaelogical Institute Fellowships.

Six fellowships have been offered by the Archaelogical Institute of America for the year 1900-1901. At the American School of Classical Studies in Athens, three in Greek archaelogy will be offered, two of which will have stipends of 600 dollars and the third will have a stipend of 1000 dollars. At the American School of Classical Studies in Rome, three fellowships will be given, two in Roman archaelogy with stipends of 600 dollars each and a third for the study of Christian archaelogy with a stipend of 500 dollars.

These fellowships will be awarded chiefly on the basis of a competitive written examination which will be held March 13 to 17, 1900, at Athens, Rome, and at any of the universities or colleges represented on the managing committee of either school.

The subjects covered in these examinations are stated in the last reports of the managing committees of the two schools, and the papers set in the examinations in 1898 are reprinted in the appendix to these reports. Copies of the reports can be secured by application from Dr. Charles H. Young, Secretary of the American Institute of Archaeology, 312 West 88th street, New York, N. Y. Special inquiries should be addressed to the chairman of the committees on fellowships: Professor Leach of Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, N. Y., for the school at Athens; and Professor Clement L. Smith of Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass., for the school at Rome.