Athletic Photographs at the Paris Exposition

Harvard will send a series of photographs to the Paris exposition which will represent the football, baseball, rowing, tennis and track athletics in the University. The pictures selected are those which most clearly indicate the position of athletics on the field, the general proportions of the athletic grounds, the manner in which they are laid out, and the amount of interest which is taken in them.

The list of views is as follows: Football -- A dozen instantaneous views, principally of the Brown game, and a general picture of a Yale game several years ago. Baseball -- A photograph of a Princeton game on Holmes Field, two of batting practice, and views of the exterior and interior of the Cage. Rowing--A dozen snap-shots of crews on the Charles and a picture of an eight practicing in the tank of the old Carey building. Track athletics--Two views of high jumping and one of a runner starting. Tennis--A birds-eye view of Jarvis Field with all the courts in use.

In addition to the above, there will be pictures of the Locker Building and of the Newell Gate. It was not considered advisable to send any groups.