SECOND ELEVEN SCORES.

Touchdown On a 70 Yard Run-Playing Marred by Fumbling and Interfering.

The second eleven scored on the first in the first half of the practice yesterday, securing the ball on a blocked kick on the 10 yard line and by steady bucking carrying it over for a touchdown. The second eleven kept the ball in the first's territory the greater part of the time and prevented the first from scoring, holding them for downs once on the 10 yard line.

There was less fumbling than usual, but the few fumbles made were very costly. Meier punted well, getting the ball off quickly and for good distance, and in this way did much to keep the first from scoring. In the line Randolph and Lawrence did effective work. Thayer at end got down well under punts. Back of the line, Matthews passed better than in the Bates game, and Knowles and Mifflin generally made good gains, although Mifflin fumbled too much.

Roberts and Kernan reported for practice for the first time this year, and did some light work. A number of new coaches were out today, among them J. B. Moulton '98, W. L. Garrison '97, F. W. Hallowell '93, E. N. Wrightington '97, G. W. Bouve '98, and N. W. Cabot '98.

Rainsford kicked off to Mifflin, who ran the ball back 13 yards. Failing to gain, Mifflin attempted to punt, but the kick was blocked, and the second team secured the ball on the 10 yard line. From here the second advanced by line bucking, and Ives went over for a touchdown.

Graydon kicked off. The second did not gain, and Meier punted to Knowles, who missed the ball, losing 15 yards. The first advanced on line plays and a 30 yard run by Knowles to the 10 yard line, where they were held for downs. Meier punted to Swann, who was downed by Thayer. Mifflin fell back to punt, but Sargent made a bad pass, and Randolph broke through and fell on the ball. Meier punted to Swann, who ran back seven yards. Gains by Swann and Mifflin advanced the ball to the 40 yard line, where time was called.

On the kick-off in the second half Matthews ran the ball back 15 yards. Meier punted for 55 yards and on the next down Mifflin returned the kick. Meier punted again and the second got the ball on a fumble. Hurd and DeKoven made short gains and Meier punted. Sargent's pass for a punt was poor and Mifflin was downed for a loss. Mifflin punted to Matthews, who ran the kick back seven yards. Time was called without further scoring.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN Burgess, r.e.  l.e., Thayer Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Blagden Barnard, r.g.  l.g., Robinson, Rainsford, l.g., King, Sugden Sargent, c.  c., Green Cutts, Robinson, l.g.  r.g., Rainsford, King r.g., Grew, Dodge Graydon, l.t.  r.t., Randolph Campbell, l.e.  r.e., Littig Baldwin, Noyes, q.b.  q.b., Matthews Knowles, Swann, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Swann, Hurd Derby, Stone, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Piper, Ives, DeKoven Mifflin, f.b.  f.b., Meier