ENCOURAGING PRACTICE.

First Scores Seven Touchdowns in 35 Minute Half--Team Play Improving.

The practice yesterday was extremely encouraging. In one 35 minute half the first eleven scored seven touchdowns, through spirited and consistent playing. The practice showed development in team work the men playing together in good style and getting into all the plays. At no time was the second eleven any where near the first's goal line, and, although given the ball at times, they were unable to advance it for any considerable distance.

Campbell and Bowditch played excellently yesterday, blocking off for the runners and boxing the opposing players. Graydon hit the line well and hurdled for good gains. Mifflin was effective in l ne bucking and kept his feet well. Sargent played with a great deal of spirit and was quick in charging and taking advantage of opponents' mistakes.

Sugden, Swann and J. T. Jones were out in football clothes yesterday but did not take part in the practice. Meier is in good condition now. Kernan is improving rapidly and will probably be able to take part in the Pennsylvania game. R. D. Wrenn, J. Lawrence and B. H. Dibblee were out in football clothes and coached, Lawrence taking part in the playing. Lewis, Waters, Newell, Cranston, Donald and F. Hallowell were also out coaching.

The second kicked off to the 40 yard line. The first then advanced the ball by line plays to the 15 yard line, where, because of a bad fumble, they were held for downs. The second were unable to gain and punted to the middle of the field. Line plays resulted in a touchdown for the first, Cutts carrying the ball over. Putnam punted out well, but Cutts missed goal. Shortly after the kick-off Putnam ran 75 yards for a touchdown, aided by Bowditch's interference. Cutts kicked goal. Campbell ran the next kick-off back to the 40 yard line. Mifflin punted to the second who failed to gain and punted back to the first's 45 yard line. The first advanced the ball to the 35 yard line, but lost it on a fumble. Bowditch got the ball on a fumble by the second on a delayed pass and scored a touchdown, aided by Campbell's interference. Lawrence failed to kick goal.

Mifflin got the next kick-off and with Putnam and Campbell interfering ran 90 yards for a touchdown. Lawrence kicked goal. Bowditch ran back the next kick-off 15 yards, and on the next play Ristine ran 75 yards for a touchdown. Lawrence kicked goal. Ristine ran the next kick off back to the middle of the field. After a series of line plays, Putnam crossed the line for a touchdown. Mifflin missed the puntou'. The second braced up after the next kick-off and played aggressively. They were unable to stop the first's rushes and Mifflin carried the ball over for a touchdown. No further scoring was done.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Bowditch, r.e.  l.e., Morse, Percival Cutts, Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Dodge Barnard, r.g.  l.g., Davenport, Force Sargent, c.  c., King, Lyon Lee, l.g.  r.g., Grew, Force, Rainsford Blagden, l.t.  r.t., Fox, J. Lawrence, Lewis Campbell, l.e.  r e., Thayer Marshall, Matthews, Baldwin, q.b.  q.b., Parker Ristine, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Kerans Putnam, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Ives, Kent Graydon, Mifflin, f.b.  f.b., Boyd, Parmelee