Fencing Practice.

The fencing squad, which now consists of ninety men, has been divided, according to classes, into five sub-squads, under the following captains: Law School, H. J. Elam; 1903, H. St. Gaudens; 1904, F. P. Woodbury; 1905, W. McLeod and H. A. Hirsch; 1906, R. Merrill and Nichols. The men will meet in these squads until November 24, when the most promising candidates for the class teams will be given appointments with M. Pianelli. Other men may enter the novice classes held Wednesday and Friday of each week. The class teams, of three men and two substitutes, will be chosen December 8.

The novice tournament, open to all members of the squad, will be held December 5, and the class tournament will be held December 10 and 12. The winning team in this tournament will receive fencing numerals.

The University squad will be picked December 20. This will be composed of not less than six nor more than ten men, and will receive special instruction under M. Pianelli until the intercollegiate tournament, which will be held in New York during the last of March.