LACROSSE SOUTHERN TRIP.

Dates of Games.--Criticism of Team.--Dummer Academy Today.

The lacrosse team will leave for its southern trip on Monday. The squad will comprise seventeen men--twelve players, three substitutes, head coach and manager. After arrival in New York on Tuesday, a game will be played with Stevens Institute in the afternoon at Hoboken. On Wednesday the team will play Swarthmore College at Swarthmore, Pa., and next day, returning to Brooklyn, will meet the Crescent A. C. on their grounds at Bay Ridge. On Friday the twelve will reach Baltimore at noon, and a short practice will be held on the American League grounds prior to the game on Saturday with Johns Hopkins University. The team will arrive in Boston on Sunday afternoon, April 20.

As a whole, the team is largely made up of new material. This fact, however, should make but little difference in the games, inasmuch as the new men have shown such aptitude that they have displaced old players. The team is stronger on the offense than on the defense, the latter being especially weak at goal, point, and cover-point. At goal Leake is perhaps the most likely candidate, with the possibility of Hanavan, the other defense candidate, being forced out to point. At point Chaffee is doing poor work. Lehman at cover-point is still slow in starting and following the ball, and at the last moment may be replaced by E. C. Carter 2G. Except for these positions the defense is tolerably effective. In spite of the fact that the southern teams have a start of about three weeks' practice, the team should win two of the four games.

The following men will compose the team: C. R. Stevenson '02 (captain), E. B. Alvord '02, J. P. Hoguet '04, R. B. Michell '02, A. E. Goddard '02, W. B. Kibbey '04, W. L. Hanavan '03, H. H. Bennett '04, R. E. Binger '03, H. V. Blaxter '05, F. W. Lehman '05, E. C. Carter 2G., J. R. P. French '04, E. B. Chaffee '02, J. P. Leake '04, R. E. Smith '02, F. B. Taylor 3L., and R. A. Wood '03.

This afternoon at 3 o'clock a practice game will be played with Dummer Academy on Soldiers Field. Chief stress will be laid on formations and trick plays. The line-up has not yet been definitely settled. No admission fee will be charged.