Athletic Conference Today.

The fifth annual Athletic Conference will be held in the Union at 10.30 o'clock this morning. After the meeting, the Athletic Committee will give a luncheon at the Union for the members of the conference.

Four years ago Brown University held the first conference of this kind at Providence, and since then meetings have been held at New York twice and at Philadelphia once. The conference has no definite authority, its function being to discuss general problems of intercollegiate interest, to advise their colleges of the opinions arrived at, and to assist in maintaining cordial relations between the colleges. Following its advice, similar athletic committees and systems of athletic control have been established in most of the eastern colleges.

Those expected to be present are Dean Meiklejohn and one other from Brown; Professors Kemp and Kirchwey from Columbia; Professor L. M. Dennis from Cornell; Messrs. Geyelin and G. S. Patterson from Pennsylvania; and Professor Fine from Princeton. Yale will not send anyone to the conference; Harvard will be represented by the Athletic Committee.