CARLISLE INDIANS TODAY AT 3.

ficult even yet to form an adequate estimate of the team's worth. On the offense the chief defects are uncertainty in starting, lack of aggressiveness of the line, and fumbling by the backs; and in the Brown game a new weakness was present--wretched interference on end plays. On the defense the team has improved considerably, notably in the increased ability to analyze quickly the opponents' play. Poor team work has been one of the unavoidable results of the team's slow development, and it will be interesting to note from the play in today's game how far the secret practice of the last ten days has gone towards welding the eleven into a unit.

Carrick will play at left guard in the absence of Robinson, who was injured in Thursday's practice. Meier may play left tackle in Parkinson's place.

The line-up: HARVARD.  CARLISLE. LeMoyne, l.e.  r.e., Mathews Meier, Parkinson, l.t.  r.t.,Exendine Carrick, l.g.  r.g., Lubo Sugden, c.  c., Schouchuk A. Marshall, r.g.  l.g., Dillon Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Bowen Bowditch, r.e.  l.e., Jude C. B. Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Johnson Nichols, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Hendricks Hurley, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Sheldon Schoellkopf, f.b.  f.b., Charles

At the game today two sections in the middle of the season ticket stand will be reserved as a cheering section for H. A. A. ticket holders.

Yesterday's practice for the University eleven consisted of only about five minutes of signal work. In the preliminary practice, R. P. Kernan '03, coached LeMoyne, Nichols and Means in punting, and E. H. Greene '02 coached the centers in passing. The substitutes scored one touchdown against the second in a 15 minute line-up, and Noyes, on a second trial, kicked a goal from the 30-yard line. There were several long runs, Noyes going 45 yards on a fake kick and Leonard making 30 yards on a similar play.