UNIVERSITY CHESS PLANS

Match with Technology Today.--Schedule of Games in Metropolitan League.

The University Chess Team will play a match with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology this evening at 7.45 o'clock in room 5, 28 Holyoke street. The University team will be composed of the following six men: P. W. Bridgman '04, K. S. Johnson '07, L. P. Carr '04, Q. A. Brackett '06, G. T. McClure '06, S. W. Howland '05.

The University Chess Club has this year re-entered the Metropolitan Chess League, which includes the following six other clubs: Dorchester, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Young Men's Christian Union, Lynn, Boston Press, and Boston Chess Club. The schedule of games is so arranged that the Harvard team will not play during the Christmas recess and the mid-year examination period. Each club will play two matches with each of the other clubs, and in at least one of these two matches the teams will play in order of strength. The teams will be composed of not less than six men.

Following is the complete schedule of games to be played hereafter by the University team.

Dec. 22.--Union, at Union Chess Club.

Jan. 7.--Dorchester, at Boston Chess Club.

Jan. 12.--Lynn, at Boston Chess Club.

Feb. 16.--Boston Press, at Press Club.

Feb. 19.--Boston Chess, at Chess Club.

Feb. 26.--M. I. T., at Press Club.

Mar. 2.--Union, at Union Chess Club.

Mar. 9.--Dorchester, at Boston Chess Club.

Mar. 15.--Lynn, at Press Club.

Mar. 29.--Boston Press, at Press Club.

Apr. 6.--Boston Chess, at Chess Club.

Apr. 12.--Boston Chess, at Chess Club.

The eleventh intercollegiate chess tournament will be held in New York. December 28, 29, and 30, at the rooms of the Columbia Grammar School. Of the previous tournaments Harvard has won six, Columbia three and Yale one.