Hockey Practice.

The hockey practice yesterday afternoon on Holmes Field was fast and encouraging. Except for a thin layer of snow the ice was in excellent condition and the cold weather helped to make the playing spirited. Two teams were formed and a game was played which lasted over an hour. In the first half each seven scored once; but in the second, after several changes had been made in the line-up, the first team improved and made nine more goals. These were due principally to the aggressive work of Winsor and Goodrich, each of whom scored four times. Penhallow and Souther each made a goal, and Wait made the second team's score.

The men played well individually and at times exhibited fair team work. The practice was very encouraging as the form of the players was far in advance of that shown by the team at this time last year.

The squad has now been reduced to the following men, who are to report at the rink this afternoon at 2.30: Winsor, Rumsey, Pruyn, Penhallow, Carr, Manning, Goodrich, Kendall, Movius, Souther, Fosdick, Metcalf, Wait, McCloud, Noyes. The other men are expected to report to their class teams next week. Practice will be held every day from now on except in unfavorable weather, when running will be substituted for work on the ice.