Fencing With Columbia Friday.

The Harvard Fencing Team will meet Columbia in its first dual intercollegiate match this year on Friday night. The Columbia team is composed of the men who fought last March in the intercollegiate tournament in which Columbia won second place: Piton (captain), Clark and Mahan. They have already defeated Annapolis in this year's preliminary series. The Harvard team will be composed of H. W. Holmes '03 (captain), T. D. Roberts '03 and H. St. Gaudens '03. Roberts is the only man on the team who fought in last year's intercollegiate matches, but the team as a whole has had considerable experience in home matches and the best possible instruction under M. Pianelli, master of fencing at the B. A. A. The match should therefore be close and interesting.

Bouts of four minutes will be fought on a raised platform in the centre of the Gymnasium floor, and seats will be placed on two sides. Sewall Cabot of the B. A. A. will act as director. Tickets for the match, at 50 cents, may be obtained at Leavitt's, the Union and the Gymnasium.

This is the first of the matches preliminary to the intercollegiate matches at New York on March 27 and 28. On February 20 Harvard will meet Cornell at Ithaca, and early in March may meet Yale at New Haven.