Holders of Outside Degrees.

In the various departments of the University there are this year graduates of 219 universities, colleges, normal schools, and professional schools who have received degrees before coming to Harvard. These 219 institutions have conferred degrees on 753 men now in the University. Graduates of Harvard College and of the Lawrence Scientific School are not included in these figures.

Of these 753 men, 351 are in the Law School, 158 in the Medical School, 144 in the Graduate School, 46 in the College, 27 in the Divinity School, 15 in the Scientific School, 9 in the Dental School, and 3 in the Bussey Institution. Yale University is represented by the largest number of graduates--75 in all. Dartmouth is second with 70, and Brown third with 67; Amherst has 29; Bowdoin 24; Williams 21.

Neither of the English universities is represented, but there are graduates from the universities of Berlin, Leipzig, Strasburg, and Gottingen in Germany; Naples, Italy; Havana, Cuba; Keiogijuki, Japan; and colleges in Turkey, Australia, and New South Wales; besides the Canadian universities of McGill, McMaster, Acadia, Dalhousie, New Brunswick, Queen's, Manitoba, and Toronto.