CRICKET TEAM DEFEATS U. OF P.

Final Game of Season a Decisive Victory.--Intercollegiate Standing.

In its final match of the season, the University cricket team decisively defeated Pennsylvania on Soldiers Field Saturday. Against 42 runs made by Pennsylvania, the University team at the fall of the fourth wicket, declared their innings, having made 83 runs. The victory is especially satisfying, as Pennsylvania in a drawn game last week made a superior showing over Haverford, the team which on Thursday defeated Harvard by the score of 186 runs to 56.

In the Saturday game the fielding and batting of the University team was much better than it has been in any other game this season. The bowling of A. Tyng and F. C. Taylor was excellent, and Pennsylvania was seldom able to hit the ball. Carter and W. N. Taylor did the best work for the University team, making 43 and 21 runs, respectively. Rothermel retired from the game, owing to an injury received after having made five runs.

The score in detail follows: HARVARD. Trout, b. Potts,  4 Rothermel, not out,  5 Carter, not out,  43 Drinkwater, c. Graham, b. Potts,  6 W. N. Taylor, b. Hare,  21 F. C. Taylor, c. Potts, b. Hare,  0 Evans, did not bat,  0 D. Tyng, did not bat,  0 Morgan, did not bat,  0 A. Tyng, did not bat,  0 Phillips, did not bat,  0 Extras,  3   83 PENNSYLVANIA. White, b. F. C. Taylor,  4 Smith, c. Drinkwater, b. F. C. Taylor,  2 Dansey, b. F. C. Taylor,  0 Christman, l.b.w. A. Tyng,  2 Banes, b. F. C. Taylor,  2 Potts, b. A. Tyng,  4 Weeks, b. A. Tyng,  7 Hare, c. Carter, b. A. Tyng,  11 Nicholson, not out,  0 Graham, b. F. C. Taylor,  1 Freeland, b. F. C. Taylor,  0 Extras,  9   42

The present standing of the intercollegiate cricket league is as follows:

Haverford, 1 won.

Harvard, 1 won, 1 lost.

Pennsylvania, 1 lost

The drawn game between Pennsylvania and Haverford on last Thursday will be played off some time this week. The completion of this game will give the final standing of the league, and if Pennsylvania wins, as seems very probable the championship will be a tie, as each of the three Universities will have won and lost one match.

Haverford, 1 won.

Harvard, 1 won, 1 lost.

Pennsylvania, 1 lost