HOLY CROSS GAME TODAY.

At 4 on Soldiers Field.--University Team Improved.--Holy Cross Strong.

The University nine will play the first of two games with Holy Cross this afternoon at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

In the series with Holy Cross last year, each team won once,--the University nine by a score of 9 to 5, and Holy Cross by a score of 2 to 0. Although the Holy Cross nine have lost their entire infield of last year and also their best pitcher, they have as usual made a good showing in their games thus far. On May 16, the team defeated Yale by the score of 3 to 0, Yale making only two hits, against McGeehan, one of which was a scratch. This good work in the box, moreover, was supported by almost perfect fielding, while at the bat Holy Cross hit Bowman freely, with a total of eleven hits, including a home run and a three base hit.

Since the Princeton game, the University team has done well in practice. The base-running and batting have materially improved, while the fielding has again attained its former standard of accuracy and speed.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  HOLY CROSS. Randall, 1b.  r.f., Skelly Stephenson, r.f.  l.f., Baldwin Matthews, s.s.  c., Noonan Clarkson, l.f.  s.s., Staukard Stillman, c.f.  c.f., McKeon R. Kernan, c.  2b., Devlin Story, 3b.  3b., Ennis Coburn, p.  1b., Flynn Coolidge, 2b.  p., McGeehan, Mayscle, Spiring