Track Squad Increased.

The squads of candidates for the University track team was largely increased yesterday and there are now 125 men engaged in the regular winter training. A comparison with the number of candidates who had reported at this time last year shows an increase this year of 30 men. The practice yesterday consisted of work with the chest-weights and dumb-bells, practice starts, and four easy laps around the board track on Holmes Field. The straightaway, which will be constructed diagonally across the circular track, will be completed the first of next week.

The trials to select men for the University and class relay teams, which will run at the Boston Athletic Association meet in Mechanics Hall, Boston, on Saturday evening, February 13, will be held during the first week of February. The men making the best time at these trials will be chosen. All who intend to try for these relay teams are requested to hand their names to Mr. Graham at once. Owing to an order from Dr. Sargent, all the track candidates, in their work at this time of the year, must wear a protection of some sort for the legs.