SECOND ELEVEN SCORED TWICE

With Ease in Discouraging Practice First Team Made One Touchdown

The work of the University football squad on its second day of secret practice was decidedly poor. In the line-up between the first and second elevens the second made two touchdowns, while the first was able to score but once. C. W. Randall '05, substitute halfback and end last year, came out and was given light work, and Parkinson was put in at centre for the first time this year.

In the scrimmage, which lasted 25 minutes, the second eleven kicked off to Hurley, who received the ball on the 10-yard line, and, aided by Kernan's excellent interference, ran it for a touchdown. On the next kick-off the second advanced by straight rushing from its 25-yard line to the first team's goal, and shortly afterward a fumble on the part of the first gave the ball to Pope, who went down the field without resistance for the second touchdown.

In the preliminary practice W. H. Lewis L. '95 coached the guards and centres. F. D. Cochrane '99 and E. Motley, Jr., '02 the tackles and ends, and R. P. Kernan '03 and Coach Wrightington the punters.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Blagden, l.e.  r.e., C. Meier, J. Jones Brill, Williams, l.t.  r.t., Kersberg Parker, McFadon, l.g.  r.g., Carr, Davie Parkinson, Barney, c.  c., Pell Squires, r.g.  l.g., Upham Paul, r.t.  l.t., Russell Shurtleff, r.e.  l.e., Pope Kernan, Kerans, q.b.  q.b., Mahoney, Sortwell Osborne, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Myers, Foster Hurley, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Guild, Keeling Hanley, f.b.  f.b., Jenkins, Sawyer