ENTHUSIASTIC MEETING.

Two New Songs Rehearsed.--A University Band to be Formed.

The first football mass meeting of the year, held last night in the Living Room of the Union, was enthusiastically attended. Short speeches were made by R. H. Oveson '05 and Captain Hurley, and cheers and songs were practiced in preparation for the Pennsylvania game Saturday. W. P. Sanger '05, who has been appointed leader of singing, led the new songs, "In Harvard," by A. G. Chaffee 3L., and "Scotty," by J. W. Johnston '05. Several of the old songs were also rehearsed.

It was announced that this year, as in previous years, a parade will be formed to march to the game. Members of the University will assemble by classes in front of the Union at 12.45 o'clock, Saturday. The parade will be led by a band.

The University orchestra has undertaken to form a University band, for which 35 pieces are needed. If this band is successful it will probably be taken to New Haven for the Yale game. Men wishing to try for it should hand in their names at once to J. W. Johnston '05, Stoughton 29. The first rehearsal will be held Friday in the rooms of the University orchestra, 8 Boylston street.