Princeton Letter.

The first three weeks of baseball practice in the cage have brought the university squad into very fair condition. The work so far has been directed largely toward an improvement in batting and in quickness of fielding. The men have shown excellent improvement in these departments but no definite judgment can be formed until the outdoor work begins. The prospects, however, are very promising for a team of consistent hitting ability. Only two of last year's team have been lost by graduation and there is abundant new material to fill these two vacant positions. R. A. Bard '06 and J. L. Cooney '07 are the most likely candidates for first base. For short stop, the most promising men are R. M. Forsythe '04, W. B. Cormany '04, G. J. Buswell '07, and A. J. Zahnizer '07. This position will probably be the more difficult to fill of the two.

The first regular practice of the candidates for the track team was held on March 19. About fifty men reported. The material this year is more promising than usual, the team being especially strong in distance runners. Princeton expects to enter both two-mile and four-mile relay teams in the University of Pennsylvania relay games in April.

A swimming team has recently been organized and W. A. Bours '04 elected captain. Among the fifteen men who compose the squad some excellent material has been found which is expected to form the nucleus of a strong waterpolo team next year.

The Triangle Club will give its first performance of "The Man From Where," in Buffalo, during the Easter vacation. The opera consists of two acts with the setting laid in the South American Republic of Rio. T. E. Hardenbergh, Jr., '04, as "Quegg," J. R. Truesdale '04, as "Willis," and G. T. Bispham '04, as the leading lady, "Nancy," have the principal parts in the production.