Peace Congress Opens Today.

The thirteenth International Peace Congress will open at Tremont Temple, Boston, this morning, and will continue through the week. Addresses of welcome will be made by Hon. John Hay, Secretary of State, in behalf of the national government, Hon. John L. Bates, Governor of Massachusetts, and Hon. Patrick A. Collins L. '71, Mayor of Boston.

Beginning tomorrow deliberative meetings of the Congress will be held at Tremont Temple every morning during the week. At these meetings the floor will be reserved for members of the Congress, the gallery being open to the public. The afternoons will be devoted principally to social entertainments and excursions. Tomorrow the delegates will visit Cambridge. In the evenings there will be public meetings at Tremont Temple, Park Street Church, and elsewhere, devoted to the various aspects of the peace and arbitration cause.

On Friday evening there will be a festival and dinner at Horticultural Hall. Professor William James M. '69 will be one of the speakers. Tickets, at two dollars each, may be secured at the office of the Peace Congress Committee, 20 Beacon street, Boston.

Among the members of the General Committee of the Congress are: President Eliot '53, Rev. E. E. Hale '39, Col. T. W. Higginson '41, Hon. G. S. Boutwell h.'51, Hon. R. T. Paine '55, M. Storey '66, A. Jones l.'67, W. D. Howells h.'67, Rev. C. F. Dole '68, Bishop Lawrence '71, W. S. Logan l.'71, President D. C. Gilman h.'76, and W. L. Putnam '82.

The winter classes of the Prospect Union will begin October 17.