Basketball Plans and Prospects

Candidates for the University and class basketball teams will be called out next Monday. They will be divided into class squads, in charge of their respective captains, until the close of the interclass series which will probably be held during the second week in December. Cups offered by T. M. Osborne '84 will be awarded to the winners of the class series.

Such men as fail to be selected for the University squad at the close of the class games may compete in a scrub series to be held after the Christmas holidays. The winners of the series will receive trophies offered by the management, and the best players will be taken on the University squad.

The prospects for a successful basketball season this year are not very good. Of last year's team, including substitutes, only five men are available: J. F. Henderson '05 (captain), W. O. Dapping '05, F. H. Stinchfield 3L., L. F. Swift '05 and R. McC. Gallagher '06. There is also some promising material from last year's second and class teams, but all men of any athletic ability, whether of previous experience in basketball or not, are urged to report at the meeting Monday.

The coaches will be selected later.