Sophomores, 5; Freshmen, 0

In the second game of the interclass football series yesterday afternoon, the Sophomores defeated the Freshmen by the score of 5 to 0. The teams were both weak on the defensive and strong on the offense with the result that many long gains were made through the line.

In the first half the Freshmen received the ball but soon punted. The Sophomores returned the kick but were forced back to their 8-yard line through plunges at guard and tackle, and by a 40-yard run by Blair. The Freshmen were then held for downs and the Sophomores punted. The half ended with the ball on the Sophomores 25-yard line.

In the second half the Freshmen kicked off. By means of line plunges by White and Davis and a 20-yard run by Tweed, the Sophomore team worked steadily down the field to within one foot of the Freshmen's goal. Here they were held for downs but on a blocked punt Tweed regained the ball and carried it over for a touchdown. No goal was kicked. Time was called on account of darkness.

The final game of the series for the class championship will be played between the Seniors and the Sophomores tomorrow.

Score--1907. 5; 1908, 0. Touchdown--Tweed. Referee--R. A. Pope '05. Umpire--L. P. Pieper 2L. Timekeeper--J. Reynolds, Jr., '07. Time--15-minute halves.

Every member of the Freshman football squad should report for practice at 3.30 o'clock this afternoon, in preparation for the game with the University eleven tomorrow.

The summary: 1907.  1908. Nichols, l.e.  r.e., MacDonald Chapin, l.t.  r.t., Fish Sugden, Eaton, l.g.  r.g., Brewer, Bird Irving, c.  c., Grant Whitney, r.g.  l.g., Barney Wellington, r.t.  l.t., Pell Wendell, r.e.  l.e., Giddings, Appleton Sortwell, q.b.  q.b., Taylor Davis, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Gilder White, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Blair Tweed, f.b.  f.b., Somes   J. L. DERBY.   W. H. BRADLEY.