Law School Association Report

The Harvard Law School Association is shortly to publish a report of its celebration held June 28, 1904. The report will be in book form with permanent cloth binding. It will contain the oration of Hon. William H. Taft, Secretary of War, delivered in Sanders Theatre; the speeches delivered at the dinner in the Union by Chief Justice Melville W. Fuller, of the United States Supreme Court, President Eliot, Dean Ames, Hon. Richard Olney, Hon. John D. Long, Baron Kentaro Kaneko, Hon. Francis J. Swayze, Hon. Marcus P. Knowlton, Blewett Lee, and William Rand, Jr. The volume will also contain the speeches of Professor John C. Gray, James Byrne, Henry W. Hardon, and James Curtis, delivered at the presentation to the School of portraits of the late Professor Thayer and of Dean Ames, painted by Wilton Lockwood. The volume will contain photogravure plates of these portraits and will be presented free to all members of the association at the time of publication.

The purpose of the Law School Association as defined by the constitution is: "To advance the cause of legal education, to promote the interests and increase the usefulness of the Harvard Law School." The membership fee is one dollar per annum, and there is no initiation fee. All persons who have ever attended the Law School for one academic year are eligible for membership. Applications enclosing dues should be sent to the treasurer, Edmund K. Arnold, Devonshire Building, Boston. Undergraduates in the school may apply for membership and pay their dues to C. F. D. Belden, assistant librarian of the Law School.