Congress of Ornithologists' Union.

The twenty-second annual congress of the American Ornithologists' Union, which held its first session in the Nash Lecture Room of the University Museum yesterday, will continue today and tomorrow, holding meetings from 10 to 1 o'clock, and from 2 to 4 o'clock.

The American Ornithologists' Union, founded in 1883, was an outgrowth of the "Nuttall Ornithological Club of Cambridge," so named in honor of Thomas Nuttall '26, who was once professor of natural history in the University. Since that time the organization has grown rapidly and has fulfilled its purpose of bringing together the most eminent active ornithologists in the country, and of regulating the nomenclature of North American birds. Among speakers at the present convention are officers of the American Museum of Natural History in New York, of the Smithsonian Institution at Washington, and of the Department of Agriculture at Washington.

Both meetings today will be open to the public. Following is the program:

Morning Meeting.--"Some Strange Bird Notes--A Mystery," E. H. Forbush (10 minutes); "Cyanocitta crystata, and other Eastern Birds at Wray, Yuma County, Colorado," H. G. Smith (10 minutes); "The Birds of the Southern West Indies," A. H. Clark (10 minutes); "Ornithology of a Churchyard," B. S. Bowdish (10 minutes); "The Nesting Habits of the Flamingo," F. M. Chapman (60 minutes).

Afternoon Meeting.--"The Seabirds of the Oregon Coast," W. L. Finley (60 minutes); exhibition of lantern slides, W. L. Bailey (15 minutes); illustrated readings from Thoreau's journals, H. W. Gleason (45 minutes); "Experiments With Nesting Boxes," E. H. Forbush (15 minutes); "The Cormorants of Great Lake," T. G. Pearson (15 minutes).