DARTMOUTH GAME TODAY

In Stadium at 3 o'clock.--Hard Game with Considerable Scoring Expected.

The University football team will play the Dartmouth eleven this afternoon at 3 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

It is expected that the game will be very close, but that there will be considerable scoring, as both teams are stronger on the offense than on the defense. Six of the Dartmouth players were members of the team which defeated Harvard by the score of 11 to 0 last year. The average weight of the team as a whole is 179 pounds, and of the line, including the ends, 189 pounds, a somewhat lighter average than that of the University eleven. Dartmouth has played five games thus far this season and has won them all. The team has been scored on only once, that being in the game with Holy Cross which resulted in a score of 18 to 4, in Dartmouth's favor. In the other four games, Massachusetts State College was defeated 17 to 0, University of Vermont 37 to 0. Williams 11 to 0, and Wesleyan 33 to 0.

The teams will probably line up as follows: HARVARD.  DARTMOUTH. Pruyn, l.e.  r.e., Glaze Brill, l.t.  r.t., Gage, Bankart White, l.g.  r.g., Clough Parkinson, c.  c., Farrier Squires, r.g.  l.g., Gilman Meier, r.t.  l.t., Keady, Brown Leary, r.e.  l.e., Lillard Starr, q.b.  q.b., Melvin Sperry, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Herr, Vaughan Hurley, Wendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Main, Dillon Mills, f.b.  f.b., Knibbs

In light practice yesterday afternoon the University team went through signals and were coached in playing individual positions. W. H. Lewis '95 instructed the line-men; N. Cabot '97 and D. Cochrane '99, the ends; Coach Wrightington '97 and J. Dunlop '96, the backs; W. L. Garrison '97 and C. B. Marshall '04, the quarterbacks. Parker reported yesterday but did no work. The line-up in the signal practice was the same as that for the game this afternoon.