College Entrance Board Examinations

At the last meeting of the Faculty it was decided that examinations given by the College Entrance Examination Board might be substituted for the regular Harvard admission examinations in 1905 as follows:

For the Harvard elementary English examination, in 1905 as follows:

For the Harvard elementary English examination, the following Board examinations in English--(a) reading and practice; (b) study and practice.

For the Harvard elementary Greek examination, the following Board examinations in Greek--(a) ii Greek composition; (b) Xenophon's "Anabasis," books I-IV; (g) translation at sight of Greek prose.

For the Harvard elementary German examination, the following Board examination in German--(a) elementary.

For the Harvard elementary French examination, the following Board examination in French--(a) elementary.

For the Harvard elementary physics examination, the Board examination in physics. A provisional return ("provisional pass" or "failure") will be given on the written examination, but a candidate must take the Harvard laboratory examination.

For the Harvard advanced French examination, the following Board examination in French--(b) intermediate.

For the Harvard advanced history examinations, (English and American history, and European history from the Germanic conquests to the beginning of the seventeenth century), the following Board examinations in history-- (c)English; (d) American; (b) mediaeval and modern. Certified note books must be submitted with each of the Board examinations in history.