Messages of Congratulation.

President Eliot has received addresses and messages of congratulation on the attainment of his seventieth birthday from the following individuals and organizations:

Faculties of Arts and Sciences, Divinity, Law, and Medicine; class of 1904; class of 1853; the alumni of Harvard College.

President Hadley and Corporation of Yale, President Wilson of Princeton, President Butler of Columbia, President Woolley of Mt. Holyoke, President Draper of the University of Illinois, President Merrill of Colgate University, President Prichett and faculty of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, President Harris of Amherst, President Gilman of the Carnegie Institution, President Harper of the University of Chicago, President Faunce of Brown, President Hopkins and the Faculty and students of Williams College, ex-President Timothy Dwight of Yale, Corporation of Simmons College, Faculties of University of California, Dean Andrew F. West of Princeton, Baron and Baroness von dem Bussche of the German Embassy at Washington, Baron Kentaro Kaneko, Mayor Collins of Boston, James Ford Rhodes, Seth Low.

National Teachers' Association of Cuba, fifteen members of the Dartmouth College faculty who hold Harvard degrees, members of the Graduate Club of New Haven, the University Club of Syracuse, Vereinigung Alter Deutschen Studenten in Amerika, National Educational Association through Irwin Shepard, secretary.

Harvard Clubs of Buffalo, Syracuse, Toronto, Cleveland, Rocky Mountains, New York, Chicago, Western Pennsylvania, Washington, Keene, N. H., and St. Louis.