INTERCLASS LACROSSE TODAY

1904 vs. 1905 on Soldiers Field at 4.-1906 vs. 1907 Tomorrow Afternoon.

The first of the preliminary games of the interclass lacrosse series will be played between 1904 and 1905 on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. Tomorrow 1906 will play 1907, and after the Easter recess the winners of the first two games will play the final game of the series.

For the game today the chances favor the Juniors. They have had more practice and are in better condition, and have besides more men of last year's University team; but the game should be by no means one-sided. Each class has lost only two men from the team which played last year.

On account of the lateness of the season none of the class squads are as far advanced as at this time last year. The material in the upperclass squads is in both quantity and quality about the same as last year's; the Freshman material is better. The Seniors have a strong attack and the Juniors the best defence; both are fairly accurate in shooting and passing. The Sophomores are of average ability; the Freshmen, though still poor in stick work, have developed some team play. The squads have been coached by Head Coach Shea and by D. P. Penhallow 2M., captain of last year's University team, who has now taken charge of the Freshmen. In today's game the halves will be twenty minutes in length, and J. A. Sayler 2L. will be the referee.

The line-up today will be: 1904.  1905. Leake, g.  g., Wead Tufts, p.  p., Phillips de Roode, c.p.  c.p., Lehmann Atwood, Henshaw, 1st d.  1st d., Kidder, Harrison Hill, 2d d.  2d d., Goodale, Cunningham Kibbey, 3d d.  3d d., Rice Bennett, c.  c., Adams Bourne, 3d a.  3d a., Pratt Hersey, 2d a.  2d a., Outerbridge Edwards, 1st a.  1st a., Blaxter (captain) French (captain), o.h.  o.h., Hays Smith, i.h.  i.h., Bollard, Olds