BASEBALL WITH EXETER

At Exeter this Afternoon.--Castle Will Pitch.--Exeter's Strength Uncertain.

The University baseball team will play the Phillips Exeter Academy at Exeter, N. H. at 3 o'clock this afternoon The team will leave Boston at 11.50 from the North Station.

Last year the team defeated Exeter in a slow six-inning game by a score of 11 to 0, five of the runs being directly due to errors by Exeter's infield. This year Exeter has been very erratic, at times playing brilliantly and at other times becoming very listless. In the game with Princeton on April 20, Exeter led by a score of 6 to 1 until the seventh inning, when the team became unsteady and allowed Princeton to score 12 runs before the end of the game. Exeter made twelve hits, however, against Stevens, who pitched for Princeton. On April 23 they defeated Boston College 8 to 4, and on April 27, scored 13 runs to 7 against Bowdoin in five innings.

University practice yesterday consisted of the usual batting and fielding work, both of which were somewhat of an improvement over anything the squad has done thus far. Stephenson, who has been out of the game for a week on account of a slight injury, took part in the practice and was tried for a short time at second base where he did fairly well. He will probably be tried in that position in the game this afternoon. Castle, who pitched on last year's Freshman team, will pitch today.

The batting order will be as follows: Harvard.  Exeter. Carr, 3b.  3b., Tilton Kernan, r.f.  l.f., Flock Randall, 1b.  c.f., Heim Matthews, s.s.  c., T. Jones Clarkson, c.f.  s.s., Anson Stephenson, Bolton, 2b.  1b., Hammill Quigley, c.  r.f., Kent Marshall, l.f.  2b., Kemble Castle, p.  p., H. Jones, Cook