HOCKEY WITH PRINCETON

At St. Nicholas Rink, New York at 8 o'clock.--Princeton Team Strong.

The University hockey team will play its second intercollegiate game, against Princeton, this evening at 8 o'clock on the St. Nicholas Rink, New York.

Since the Columbia game last Saturday, the University team has improved materially in stick work and in ability to follow and keep possession of the puck. On the offense the forwards play together better, and in passing, especially across the rink, have become faster and more accurate. With the exception of Callaway they still fall, however, to follow back properly after losing the puck. The work of the men in this respect has been slow and ragged all season, and in a close game is likely to prove disastrous. The team is considerably weakened by the loss of Manning at goal, who was very effective, both in covering his own position and in steadying the play of the other members of the defense.

Princeton tied with the Wanderers, 2 to 2, on December 17, but was defeated by Columbia on January 7 by a score of 3 to 1. As this game was the first after the Christmas recess, the team was handicapped by lack of practice. On January 11, however, it defeated Brown 6 to 0. Since then it has shown considerable improvement, and, as five members of last year's team are playing this year, should play a hard game this evening.

The line-up: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Leake Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Levis Callaway, r.c.  l.c., Chew Wilder, r.e.  l.e., Winter Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Zahniser Grant, p.  p., Rafferty Tilden, g.  g., Chislett