AMHERST DEFEATED, 47 TO 7

In Basketball Saturday.--Harvard Outclassed its Opponents in Every Way.

The University basketball team defeated Amherst in a slow game Saturday afternoon by the score of 47 to 7.

Amherst was outclassed in every department of the game. The University team was strong in team work and passing and accurate in shooting for baskets. In the first half Clough scored the only two goals from the floor made by Amherst during the game, and Harvard shot eleven baskets from the floor and scored two points on fouls.

In the second half the University players broke away from their opponents and scored practically at will. At times the Amherst players passed well and worked together but the forwards failed to accept their opportunities. Snyder and Griffiths were conspicuous for aggressiveness and skill in shooting baskets, the former scoring 14 of Harvard's 22 goals from the floor. The summary: HARVARD.  AMHERST. Henderson, l.f.  r.f., Delabarre Murray, r.f.  l.f., Beach Snyder, c.  c., Storke, Crook Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Anderson, Crawford Griffiths, r.g.  l.g., Clough

Score--Harvard, 47; Amherst, 7. Goals from floor--Snyder 14, Griffiths 6, Henderson 2, Clough 2. Goals from fouls--Beach 3, Henderson 1. Harvard given two points on fouls. Fouls--on Harvard, 6; on Amherst, 4. Referee--J. W. Gilles 3L. Umpire--R. S. Patch, of Amherst. Timekeepers--E. L. Grant '06, H. R. Crook and A. M. Stork of Amherst. Time--20-minute halves.