PLANS FOR CONANT HALL

To Become Dormitory for Graduates.--Large Living Room Will be Feature.

By a recent decision of the Corporation, Conant Hall will be set aside next year as a building primarily for the use of students in the Graduate School. The whole south end of the first floor, including the corridor, will be turned into a living room, large enough to accommodate all organizations in connection with the Graduate School, which will probably hold their meetings there. This room, which will be supplied with books, magazines, and newspapers, will be open to all members of the Graduate School. In connection with it will be a smaller room, equipped with a small kitchen, for the preparation of simple suppers. A promise of $500 toward the furnishing of the living room has already been received.

In the basement, a room for exercise will be fitted up, and a fives court may be built. Doors will be cut from the corridor into two bedrooms on each floor, so that a large number of single rooms will be available. Steam heat will be put into every room, and the living room will probably be provided with electric lights.

Under the new arrangement, single rooms may be had from $60 to $120, and double rooms, some of which are furnished, from $150 to $210. Application for rooms for next year will be received at once at the office of the Dean of the Graduate School. Allotments will be made by the Faculty committee in charge of the improvements, and the list of successful applicants will be communicated to the Bursar, from whom the leases will be procured. Further information concerning the project may be obtained from Professor J. H. Wright, Dean of the Graduate School, from Mr. W. A. Colwell, president of the Graduate Club, or from Professor W. H. Schofield, chairman of the Faculty committee.