C. S. M. A. CONVENTION

Began Yesterday and Will End With Mass Meeting in Sanders Tomorrow.

The nineteenth annual convention of the Church Students' Missionary Association began yesterday afternoon, and will continue today and tomorrow. After a short service in Christ Church yesterday afternoon conducted by Rev. H. S. Nash, D.D., of the Episcopal Theological School, a reception to delegates was held in Phillips Brooks House, and at 5.30 o'clock, Rev. George Hodges, D.D., dean of the Episcopal Theological School, delivered an address of welcome at St. John's Chapel. Rev. S. C. Hughson, who has worked among the colored people in the South, and Rev. A. M. Sherman, of Hankow, China, spoke in Brooks House yesterday evening about the opportunities for mission work among the poor in the United States and the heathen in foreign countries.

Following is the program for today: at 7.30 o'clock In St., John's Chapel, Rt. Rev. William Lawrence, D.D., bishop of Massachusetts, will celebrate Holy Communion; at 9 o'clock, in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House, a business session with reports of the officers and chapters of the organization; at 11.30 o'clock in the same place, John W. Wood, corresponding secretary of the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society, will speak on "The Board of Missions and the Missionary," and Rev. Alexander Mann S.T.D., rector of Trinity Church, Boston, will speak on "The Board of Missions and the Parish," at 3.30 o'clock in the same place, there will be a conference led by Rev. E. P. Smith, educational secretary of the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society, on the general fields and phases of mission work, and the particular work of the English and American Churches; at 5.30 o'clock in St. John's Chapel, evensong; at 8 o'clock in the same place, Professor J. H. Wright, dean of the Graduate school, and Rt. Rev. F. S. Spalding, D.D., bishop of Salt Lake, will speak on the general subject of "Fields and Needs," Professor Wright speaking on "The Most Pressing Calls Today," and Bishop Spalding on "The West and Mormonism." Members of the University are invited to attend these meetings.

A mass meeting, which will be the closing meeting of the convention will be held in Sanders Theatre, tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. Rt. Rev. William Lawrence, D.D., bishop of Massachusetts, will preside. John R. Mott will speak on "The Possibilities of the Student World in the Extension of Christ's Kingdom," and Rev. A. S. Lloyd, D.D., general secretaary of the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society, will speak on "The End of Missions: The World for God."

Members of the University and Episcopalians especially are invited to attend this meeting.

About 100 delegates and visitors are attending the convention, and these have been lodged at the University and the Episcopal Theological School. They will have their meals at Memorial Hall, and the Episcopal Theological School Refectory.