Practice for Class Basketball

The work of the class basketball squads has continued every night this week under the supervision of former University team men, in preparation for the interclass series, which will begin Monday, No definite teams have been picked, but the line-ups have been continually changed in order to ascertain the best possible combinations.

The 1906 team, winner of last year's interclass series, has lost all of its former players and must therefore be made up from new and inexperienced men. This disadvantage, however, is counterbalanced by the fact that the team has had a week's more practice than the others, and therefore has developed better team play. All but two of last year's 1907 team are playing on the team this year and the Juniors should therefore have an advantage. Their team play, however, is undeveloped. It is not unlikely that several new men will make the team, as there is a great abundance of good material. Every members of last year's freshman team has returned, and this gives the Sophomores an advantage as a few days of practice have put the team in good form. The coaches are seriously handicapped in picking the Freshman team by unfamiliarity with the material. It is improbable, in so short a time, that much team work can be developed, although there are many good individual players who have had experience in basketball at preparatory schools.

For the first time this week a provisional University squad has been selected, and the men have practiced after the class work. The practice has been very rudimentary, consisting entirely of running and passing practice. No lineups have as yet been held.