Noble Lectures by Rev. C. C. Hall

The William Belden Noble Lectures for 1905-06 will be given by the Re. Charles Cuthbert Hall, D.D., president of the Union Theological Seminary of New York. The general subject is: "The Attitude of Jesus Christ toward Foreign Races and Religions." These lectures, which will be open to the public, will be given in the Fogg Lecture Room, at 8 o'clock, on the following evening.

February 26.--Jesus Christ and World Sympathy.

February 27.--The Larger Meaning of the Incarnation.

March 5.--The Essential Unity of the Human Race.

March 6.--Temperamental Contrasts between East and West.

March 12.--Religious Insight and Experience Outside of Christianity.

March 13.--Christian Missions and the Modern World.

Dr. Hall has been president of the union Theological Seminary of New York since 1897. He graduated from Williams College in 1872 and received the degree of D.D. from the University of New York in 1890 and from Harvard in 1897. After a two years' course in theology at the union Theological Seminary of New York he spent a third year in the same line of study in London and Edinburgh. He was pastor of the Union Presbyterian Church of Newburgh, New York, from 1875 to 18; and of the First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn, New York, from 1887 to 1897.

The fund for these lectures was presented to the University in 1898 by Mrs. William Belden Noble, in memory of her husband, an Episcopal clergyman, who graduated from the University in 1885, and of Phillips Brooks, with whom Mr. Noble was in close sympathy.

The lectures last year were delivered by the Bishop of Ripon.