Washburn and Ricardo Prizes

Theses for the Philip Washburn prize must be submitted to Professor T. N. Carver, either at his office, University 24, or at his home, 16 Kirkland road, before 5 o'clock today.

These theses will count towards final honors as well as towards the degree with distinction History. After next year, however, such theses will count only for the degree with distinction and not for honors.

Candidates for the Ricardo prize scholarship must submit today to Professor E. F. Gay, Chairman of the Department of Political Economy, a statement of their previous studies. Such statements may be sent by mail to the home of Professor E. F. Gay, 58 Highland street. The examinations for the prize will be held in University 23 on Saturday, May 26, between 9 and 12 o'clock. Each candidate will be called upon to write in the examination room an essay on a topic, chosen by himself from a list not previously announced, in economics and political science. Any student in the University who will be next year a member of the Senior class or of the Graduate School is eligible. The scholarship yields an income of three hundred and fifty dollars, and the incumbent must devote the major portion of his time to economic and political studies.