UNIVERSITY TEAM SCORES

Once on Second Eleven.--Open Practice Today at 4.

Yesterday afternoon's scrimmage of fifteen minutes was marked by fast, lively play, the University team scoring one touchdown. Newhall used one quarterback kick successfully, but the only forward pass used touched the ground before being caught, thus, under the new rules, going to the opposing team at the point from which the ball was first thrown.

The University team was given the ball in the middle of the field, but at once lost it on a quarterback kick on the second team's 50-yard line. After a few short gains Lockwood punted to Foster who ran out of bounds on the first eleven's 36-yard line. The first team made one first down, and then lost the ball on downs on its own 50-yard line. Kerans gained five yards through the line and then Taylor made a quarterback kick, Wendell getting the ball on the 28-yard line. Foster tried a forward pass, but it struck the ground and went to the second team on the University eleven's 20-yard line. Lockwood lost ten yards trying an end run, and Nourse passed high, the first team getting the ball at the centre of the field. Foster punted to Taylor over the latter's head, but he recovered the ball ten yards from his own goal line. On a poor punt by Lockwood, the ball went out of bounds on the 25-yard line. Mason made five yards and then the first team lost the same amount as Macdonald was offside. Two short gains followed for the second team and Lockwood lost 20 yards on a fake kick, the University men getting the ball on the 15-yard line. A quarterback kick by Newhall followed, Wendell securing the ball on the 8-yard line. Foster rushed the ball over for a touchdown on the first play through the line, and Kennard kicked the goal.

W. Peirce '07, C. R. Harlow '08, A. Brock '08, and E. M. Gilbert '09 reported for practice yesterday.

The line-up for the scrimmage was as follows: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Kennard, l.e.  r.e., Orr Osborne, l.t.  r.t., Pell Gilmore, l.g.  r.g., Irving Barker, c  c., Nourse Kersburg, r.g.  l.g., Hoar Sibley, r.t.  l.t., Inches Macdonald, r.e.  l.e., Graydon Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Taylor Wendell, r.h.  l.h., Kerans, Burnham Foster, l.h.  r.h., Lockwood Apollonio, f.b.  f.b., Mason

There will be an open practice this afternoon at 4 o'clock. It is expected that the practice will be mostly open from now on.