Hockey With Brae Burn Cancelled

The hockey game scheduled for Saturday afternoon with the Brae Burn Country Club was cancelled because of the poor condition of the ice. Practice was held instead at the Brookline Country Club on ice that was thin and broken in places.

After some preliminary passing and shooting, the University team lined up against the substitutes for a 50-minute scrimmage which the first team won by the score of 3 to 0. The work was very ragged and little team play was shown by either side. The men relied too much on individual work and what-ever passes were made were for the most part poor.

J. S. Lovering '03 assisted Coach Winsor in the direction of the work.

The summary follows: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  SUBSTITUTES. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Paine Briggs, Hicks, l.c.  r.c., Dole, Hicks Rumsey, r.c.  l.c., Hicks, Irving Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Cutler, Gardner Ford, c.p.  c.p., Gardner, Lovering Willetts, p.  p., Sampson Carpenter, Washburn, g.  g., Washburn, Fahnestock

Score--University team, 3; Substitutes, 0. Goals--Newhall 2, Pell. Time--50 minute period.

Practice for both the University and Freshman squads this afternoon will be held in the Stadium at 3 o'clock, as there is ice on both rinks.