INTEREST IN PRIZES.

The list of prizes which is published on another page is simply the list of all prizes offered by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences during the coming year, open to undergraduate and graduate competition, which list has been reprinted from the College Catalogue. They vary but little from one year to the next, but hidden away in a 700 page book in the midst of every other possible bit of academic information concerning the University, they are apt to be overlooked, and for that reason the CRIMSON is in the habit of publishing them early in the year in the hope that they may be noticed by some who otherwise might be ignorant of the possibilities at hand. And it is very doubtful if these possibilities are appreciated in anything like their proper degree. A fund in the neighborhood of $4000 is given over each year to these prizes, and they carry with team academic distinction of high rank as well as the financial stipend. Men of medium rank, as well as of high rank, and in fact all students who are ambitious in their various lines, would do well to investigate the list. There may be something there to appeal to them.